Are you looking for an easy and delicious recipe to bring to your Christmas get-togethers? Check out this Christmas recipe for easy peppermint bark that you can make at home or in your RV. If you’re staying home for the holidays, this is a great treat to make and enjoy with your family.
Recipe adapted from one found on AllRecipes.com
- 8 oz. high-quality semisweet chocolate
- 2 tsp canola oil
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- 8 oz. high-quality white chocolate
- 25 peppermint candies
- Grease a 9×9 pan lightly and line with wax paper.
- Break the semisweet chocolate into chunks and place it and 1 tsp of canola oil in a double boiler. Heat over low heat with water simmering, stirring and scraping down the sides constantly with a silicone spatula.
- When chocolate is melted, stir in 1/4 tsp of peppermint extract.
- Pour into the 9×9 and spread evenly.
- Crush the peppermints and sprinkle over the chocolate.
- Refrigerate for an hour or until completely hardened.
- Break up the white chocolate. Add 1 tsp of canola oil and the white chocolate to a double boiler over low heat, water just simmering. Stir with a silicone spatula constantly and scraping down the sides. Be careful to avoid scorching the chocolate.
- When thoroughly melted, add 1/4 tsp peppermint extract.
- Pour the white chocolate over the first layer in the 9×9 pan, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle more crushed peppermints on top of the white chocolate and gently press the candies into the chocolate.
- Refrigerate until hardened.
- Remove from the pan, using the wax paper to get it out easily.
- Break into chunks and serve!
Contact us to find your dream RV at Northern Michigan RV!